08 April 2007

Boundless

shards

So this is actually old news, but, here it is anyways. In a few weeks, I'll be starting an intership with Boundless Adventures. It's a non-profit organization, that's based on experiential outdoor education. I'll be leading (or at least learning how to lead) groups of people through the wilderness, whilst teaching them things, whether it be canoeing, or conflict resolution. Ok, so, that's the basic gist. I'm not 100% sure exactly how it's all going to work, since I haven't done it yet, but I'm really looking forward to it. In fact, I can't wait.

I'm excited about it, because I'll get to work outdoors, and learn new skills that I want to learn anyways, plus, I'll get to work as part of a team, which I love, although sometimes I'm not very good at it. Plus, I'll get to help the environment in some small way by helping people realize what a great place it is, and teaching them how to treat it right.

Ok, so, all of this might be a little idealistic, but hey, a guy's got to hope. I think it will be a great experience. Wish me luck.

9 comments:

Kristina said...

Luck wished.

Sounds like a great opportunity, and I'm excited for you!

Anonymous said...

Very exciting news!! How adventurous of you.

Happy really belated birthday btw

Anonymous said...

Hello old friend,
i had a dream about you a while back and it got me to wondering what you were up to...so i checked your blog and am glad to hear you are going to be something you will enjoy and can excel at. i wish you luck (because you asked for it but don´t really think that has anything to do with it). Oh! and happy belated birthday! isn´t 25 great? i don´t feel different but i was excited nonetheless. getting older is fun - i´m going to rent a car!

Congratulations again. I wish you supreme happiness.

Greg said...

una chica . . . who are you? :( I'm guessing that I know you, and you're 25, but that's all I got. Shoot me an email sometime . . . Hope you're well :)

Anonymous said...

i don´t know your email...although i made one up for you on gmail a long time ago with Justin. i can´t remember what it is though and if you use it

Anonymous said...

Hey you figured me out! thanks for your comment - i don´t like communicating through blog sites so maybe you could send me your email?

David said...

Good luck broda!

Unknown said...

hey do you still have internet access?

nance said...

Packrat... ya, it's hard, but it's over! The other day I was driving in Lincoln and I saw an orange Lamborghini. Whoa holy cow! We tried to follow it, but it lost me :(