20 November 2005

10 kilometers = 6.21371192 miles

shards

This past Sunday (not today, a week ago), Katie, Mel, and I ran 6.21371192 miles, give or take a few 100ths of a mile. CABL sponsored a 10K run, so we decided to do it just for fun. It wasn't too difficult, so while we ran, I helped Mel study for her Chrisitan Beliefs test. It was kind of funny, running and trying to look at a bouncing blurry review sheet at the same time, while inventing mnemonics involving frisbees, snowfall and churches. Apparently she did pretty good on her test though, so it must have helped at least a little. My knees haven't been bothering me for quite a while either, which is nice, so I'm thinking about maybe running the half-marathon this spring. Who knows. (In the second picture below, no one else is around us, because they had already left. We were just running for the camera's sake; and the orange ribbon around Katie's neck is the marker at the halfway point. We thought we were the last one's passing it, so we figured we might as well take it).


2 comments:

Carissa said...

Good to see you running. :) You should TOTALLY run the lincoln half!! That would be awesome!! I really really really really really really want to come down and run either the half or the whole. My knees have been bothering me a lot lately, though, so I don't know how things will turn out...

"astwooh" is my word this time. I like it.

Greg said...

Hey! You should come down and run it! That would be great. I need to get motivated and start training if I'm going to do it though :p.