11 November 2005

Fall!

shards

I love fall. I love trying to snatch leaves out of the air as they swirl down from the trees. I love that the air is crisp and I can wear my hat and mittens. I love that it means the snow is coming soon. And I love making a big pile of leaves and playing in it with friends. You might not be able to tell from the pictures, but the pile was huge. It was almost as tall as Melanie by the time we were done. And we didn't even have a rake. Just a broom, a couple of bags, and a tennis racket or two. I think we must have spent almost as much time making the pile as we did playing in it, but that was half the fun. I'm pretty sure people were looking at us kind of funny as we were running and back and forth around campus carrying large leaf-filled bags over our heads. But whatever. We did convince a few of the people who passed by to join us for a while though.

The last picture makes me think of a bunch of Greek gods and goddesses with their leafy halos. Except, I don't think I've even seen a picutre of Greek deity laughing so much.







No comments: