21 January 2006

On the first day of Christmas . . .

shards

So, I know this is a little bit late, but . . . .whatever. I've accepted the fact that I'm not a consistent blogger. I tend to blog in bursts. Anyways, here's some snapshots of my Christmas.

This is the Lincoln crew posing for a 'family' picture at our potluck Christmas feast. Chester is there too (notice his leg in the bottom left corner.



This is another Christmas party in Lincoln. The theme was "The worst Christmas gift ever." Everyone tried to bring a horrible gift. Then everyone picked a random gift, and sat in the spinning chair and turned in circles while opening their gift. Notables included a rubber seal for a toilet, a carrot, a framed dead toad, and a plastic cactus. Of course, some people didn't get the memo and actually brought good gifts: a bottle of sparkly for example. Kristina even ended up with a pet fish.



This is the annual decorating of the (w)ham at home. Christmas just isn't quite Christmas without the wham. Mmmm, it's so good. This year my dad got a little creative and decided to make the wham look a little bit more like a ham.




This is Kevin, Jackie, Justin, and Diego snowshoeing. Well, except Diego. First time I've ever been snowshoeing. It was pretty cool, although the conditions weren't the greatest. Our property is on what used to be a gypsum mine, so there's a bunch of old foundations and mine structures. We found one of them while out there, we think it might have been a cistern, or maybe an old outhouse? We're not sure. Anyways, that's me, in it, looking around.




I didn't feel like wrapping my presents traditionally this year. Plus, I didn't feel like buying more wrapping paper. So I used some rubber bands (I used to collect rubber bands, so I have a lot of them sitting around) and some foam board to wrap them instead.



These are pictures from Christmas with my dad's side of the family. Unfortunately, I didn't get any good pictures of Christmas with my mom's side. Here's my mom opening her present. Then there's my dad and all of his siblings with the matching t-shirts that we got them (they spell OKIMI, from oldest to youngest). Then there's my grandmother opening my brothers' and my gift to her. She said she needed a new swim suit . . . we actually got her gift certificates to get a new swim suit, but thought it would be funny if we also got a her a neon bikini.





This is a bunch of friends hanging out playing games in the New Year, up in Oshawa, where I went to highschool.

1 comment:

Scattering said...

Is that Camille? I miss her...