25 February 2006

my head vs. the pool

shards

So, a couple of weeks ago, I was swimming in the pool here at Union. Unfortunately, I had forgotten my goggles in my room. So me and Keri and Mel shared goggles for a while. And it just so happened to not be my turn with the goggles when I decided to try to learn the butterfly. Just a note, it's probably not a good idea to try to learn a new stroke without goggles in a pool with hard sides. I was concentrating so hard and getting the stroke right, that I forgot to think about where I was. Oops. Fortunately Keri, with her quick thinking, saw the blood running down my face, ignored me (so as not to freak me out with exclamations such as, "Oh my, you're gushing blood!"), and went straight to the lifeguard. The first picture is how I felt for a little while afterwards. The second one shows the actual battle scars in detail. The left half of my face only stood out an extra 1/2 inch for about two weeks. It's mostly gone now :)


No comments: