06 September 2006

Love and Hate, part I

shards

I hate moving very quickly. I hate being rushed to get somewhere. I hate not having time to take my time. And I hate power-walking through the woods. I would much rather meander slowly and listen to the sound of running water. Or sit and watch the moss grow. Or just stand there and admire the trees all around me. Or get up on a hill and feel the wind blowing in my face.

I love eating fresh fruit. Some more than others of course. I love biting into a sweet juicy white peach and trying not to let the juice drip down my chin. I love gobbling handfuls of currants picked fresh from the bush. Or peeling away that nasty white stuff on a grapefruit and downing the pulp in a single swallow. Or slicing up a bright orange mango and getting stringies all stuck in my teeth. Ah, the list could go on--oranges, avocados, grapes, pears, apricots, cherries, kiwis, plums and on and on. My absolute favorites, though, are the berries. Blue, black, wine, rasp, straw, huckle, cran, mul, lingon, goose, and I could go on and on again. Mmmm, I think I'm going to go buy some fruit.

No comments: